Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week Four: The eyes are the window to the soul...


The Pros & Cons of Convergence or a little piece of me goes a long way...

RSS feedreaders collate up to date info grabs from many different sources into a single viewing space. It's a bit like having a PO Box just for magazine subscriptions. It's great for magpie minds or info-surfers but can be overwhelming in volume and is not conducive to indepth analysis.
Bloglines has been my preferred feedreader however I have noticed that now that I am registered with blogger I also have been automatically assigned one with google reader. This makes it easier to view feeds from the AID 2-3 participants blogs.

Google has also stored the images from my blog in a Picasa account. I have not looked into this much as yet however the intergration of services is very appealing. The downside of convergence is that Picasa has stored images that I have deleted from my blog and I now have a suite of extra sites to keep on eye on...

Vod & Podcasts would be useful at SLV as a way for staff to catch up on meetings and/or training sessions they may have missed. I find browsing through sites like podcast.com frustrating and clumsy. Instead, I prefer try to find a source website ie PBS or ABC and then see what they have on offer.

FYI: Unshelved: trolley design contest

No comments: